Continuing Education in Your Own Backyard
You need CE credits to keep your license…but you shouldn’t have to travel a long distance to get them.
Port Townsend School of massage offers courses so you can get your credits close to home.
Not only that–we want to truly add value to your practice.
That’s why we’re always working to create fresh and fun courses that will increase your knowledge, save your hands, and help you bring in new clients!
Upgrade Your Technique
- Enhance your knowledge and offerings by learning new techniques.
- Stand out from the crowd by staying on the cutting edge of massage techniques
- Take pride in offering your clients a diverse array of therapeutic options
Revitalize Your Practice
- Freshen up the look, feel, and energy throughout your business
- Attract new clients by offering newer, more diverse options in massage therapy.
- Retain clientele through your ability to offer continual and increased value to their lives.
Energize Your Life
- Get your groove back! There’s a reason you went into massage–rediscover that passion!
- Take charge of your future by continuing to improve your practice.
- Regain your confidence knowing that you are offering the best that’s available in massage therapy.
Upcoming Classes for 2023
We still have room in our CPR class scheduled for Thursday, April 6th! Class is from 9 AM to 1 PM. Cost is $100. As LMT’s, we need to maintain our CPR certification every 2 years. This class is also good for 4 non-hands on CE’s!
Gloria Two Feathers is returning with the Art and Craft of Energy Medicine! Class is April 22 and 23,
9 AM to 6 PM each day. Cost is $300 for 16 CEs. This class is also offered to non-license holders and open to anyone who has an interest in learning about how to create space for your energy practice.
Brian Utting is returning to PTSM for his Deep Tissue for the Legs, Hips, Arms and Hands! Class is offered June 17 and 18, 2023. Class on Saturday will be from 9:30 Am to 6:30 PM, and on Sunday from 10 AM to 2:30 PM. Cost is $300 for 12.5 CEs. NCBTMB approved!!! A description of what you can expect from these classes:
Day 1: Legs and Hips – In this class, you will learn specific, potent and effective Deep Tissue Techniques to release the muscles and fascia of the hips, legs and feet. These are simple, straightforward, muscle-specific techniques that can be immediately applied in practice.
Day 2: Arms and Hands – As massage therapists, arms and hands are our primary vehicle for sensation and communication. In this class, we will focus on specific techniques for releasing muscles and fascia of the hands, thumbs, forearms, and “deconstructing” forearm muscles that have become “glued” together. You will learn some simple and effective ways to make arm massage more specific, potent and satisfying… and receive some good work yourself!
Lauren Christman and Richard Polishuk are returning to teach the Essentials of Intraoral!! This is a 16 CE class that will give you the opportunity to apply for the Intraoral ENDORSEMENT on your WA State License! Class is offered August 5 and 6, 2023. Cost is $320 for 16 CEs, 9 AM to 6 PM each day. NCBTMB approved!!
This class prepares you to not only receive the state’s Intraoral ENDORSEMENT, but also to offer your clients excellent work in intraoral and anterior neck work. In this class you will:
- review anatomy and kinesiology of the face, anterior neck, cranial base and TMJ
- increase evaluation and hands-on skills for addressing TMJ disorder, headaches, whiplash and other musculoskeletal problems
- Learn fundamental assessment and myofascial techniques the jaw and anterior neck (including the hyoid sling and upper cervicals) to improve bite and chewing and decrease stress on the TMJ
- Understand the consideration needed for the physiological and emotional loading of the face and mouth in order to responsibly treat emotionally-related jaw problems
- Learn specialized intake, charting, hygiene and client management skills that are necessary when working in such a vulnerable area.
Richard Polishuk and Lauren Christman will return November 11 and 12 for the Myofascial Balancing for the Pelvis, Sacrum, Low Back and Shoulder Girdle!! Cost is $320 for 16 CEs, 9 AM to 6 PM each day. NCBTMB approved!!
An overview of this class:
These myofascial balancing courses are based on a few simple ideas, delivered with a good deal of experience and sophistication. Some of theses ideas are:
-Improving muscular stabilization
-Improving posture and alignment
Working with palpation while the client is standing will radically improve your visual evaluation and assessment skills.
In the works for later this year, Steve Heinrich will be bringing his Myofascial Release class AND Diana Thompson will be coming to teach a Headache class as well as a SOAP charting class!!! Details coming!
To sign up for a class, please call 360-379-4066!!
Payment for the class is due at time of sign up. Cancellation 14 days prior to the class, a refund, less $50 cancellation fee, will be given. If cancellation is 7 days or less, no refund will be given. We adhere to our cancellation policy strictly, as we contract with Continuing Education Instructors who travel and we need to guarantee seats are sold in order to proceed with these classes. If you call to cancel because of illness, you will will be refunded the class payment, less the $50 cancellation fee.
PTSM reserves the right to cancel a workshop at any time. If a class is cancelled, students will receive a full refund within two weeks of cancellation. No refunds or credits will be issued for students who miss portions of or fail to attend a class. If you have any further questions, please call us at (360) 379-4066. We look forward to seeing